Wednesday, January 12, 2011

weather

Rain9°C | 8°C



I decided I will put the weather here on each post to try and give you a feel for the day. I would like an automatic gadget but can't seem to work that out so for the moment I will paste it on. Anyhow the gadget was wrong as it showed the sun peeking out from behind a cloud. It is pure grey out there. A down wet day.

I also decided that if I am going to bring you a topical bite I will keep it positive, so if there is any bad news it will have to be from a comedy angle. No sad news stories here only good news.

So follow the link below to hear one angle on the Brian Cowen (Taoiseach- architect of the 'bank guarantee' concept) Sean Fitzpatrick (former chairman of Anglo Irish bank ) controversy.
gift grub seanie and cowen golf
The 'come dine with me' one is worth a listen too!



Before Christmas I decided to volunteer for something seeing as there was no point looking for a paid job so I got onto the Galway volunteer centre and 'Irish Therapy Dogs' (see website if you are interested irishtherapydogs ) were looking for a coordinater in Galway. I am going to fill in the Garda vetting application form today which is required. Therapy dogs are used in full time residential care homes to improve the emotional health of residents and help combat lonliness and depression among other things. Here is the biggest therapy dog on the website! If I get the job I will be coordinating the teams with the care centres and looking after the admin and the uniforms.



I managed to ride the pony today for the first time without someone leading him. I brought him up to my brother in laws farm and went on the road with his wife and two friends. We met two dogs, some cars and a few cows but he was good and all went well. He was putting his tongue over the bit so I will try another bridle on him and hopefully ride out with them again tomorrow.

I need to get my 6yr old to gym now and then do dinner so I am not going to beat myself up about posts being too short or not perfect I will try and just keep posting them...

No comments:

Post a Comment