Friday, February 11, 2011

blog

Fri
Chance of Rain
10°C | 2°C






Looking back on 20 pages, having tried to distill the essence of Ireland to communicate it to the homesick, what has become glaringly obvious, apart from the scenery, is that the essence of Ireland is the people. Their talents and their humour.

What has also become apparent (apart from the fact that there is no spell check on blogger) is that the only way to capture people is to write from the heart. One post concerning a death in the village I ended up removing from the blog, it was very moving and well received but I felt uncomfortable trying to benefit in some way from the tragedy.
I have also learnt that it is very easy to wind people up around certain topics....(politics..!)
And that I need a publicity photo!

Since I started this I have been asked to contribute weekly to an Irish American website and will reduce the weekdaily postings here to weekly with one article that has really come from the heart. It will be posted on Tuesday pm.

The theory of the Cuban room that I spoke about in the first post is working, with no more than an internet connection I have created an audience.
Novelist Fay Weldon was asked 'how do you write?' her answer was
'you have to sit in front of the computer every day'.


Jedward were definately in the Cuban room...


No comments:

Post a Comment