Thursday, February 10, 2011

tooth fairy

Thu
Mostly Sunny
7°C | 3°C

If you are ever waiting for the tooth fairy she definately comes before 4.20am
because that is when my 6 year old found the 2 euro under her pillow.

 

It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since we lost a 7yr old girl in the village to a serious illness.
Her months mind mass will be on this weekend.

It was the saddest thing.
Loved by family, friends and community. That is a successful life.
I was listening to John F McCarthy yesterday on Nationwide, founder of 'Madpride'
and sufferer of depression.
He was recently diagnosed with terminal illness and read out a poem he had written.  I can't find it anywhere but the last three lines went something like this:

To love your family,
And be loved by them.
That is enough.

She will be sorely missed but what she achieved, that was enough.

I am also missing my son who has moved out of home.
The image of someone holding a hurl can be enough to burst the dam of
my sadness with no warning. I have to remind myself he is not 6 ft under
and only half an hour away, but sadness is sadness.

I will have written 20 posts on this blog this week and that was the task
I set myself before evaluating which direction I would take on it.
My audience continually astonishes me, with US, UK, Italian, German and of
course Irish visitors so far. Thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment